Patient Rights and Responsibilities
- Patients are treated with respect, consideration and dignity.
- Patients have the right to be free from abuse and harassment while at the facility.
- Patients are provided privacy.
- Patient disclosures and records are treated confidentially and patients are given the opportunity to approve or refuse their release, except when such release is required by law.
- Patients are provided, to the degree known, complete information concerning their diagnosis, evaluation, treatment and prognosis. Should it be medically inadvisable to give such information to a patient, the information will be provided to a person designated by the patient or to a legally authorized person.
- Patients are given the opportunity to participate in decisions involving their health care except when such participation is contraindicated for medical reasons.
- Patients have the right to know the services available to them at the facility.
- Patients have the right to be informed of provisions for after-hour and emergency care, if needed.
- Patients have the right to know the facility fees for services.
- Patients have the right to be informed of patient conduct and responsibilities.
- Patients have the right to refuse to participate in experimental research.
- Patients have the right to know the credentials of health care professionals providing their care.
- Patient s have the right to change their provider if other qualified providers are available.
- Patients may offer suggestions, voice complaints, and/or grievances regarding their care and/or services provided per state and federal regulations.
- Patients must provide complete and accurate information to the best of his/her ability regarding his/her health status: medications taken, including over-the-counter products and dietary supplements; and any known allergies or sensitivities.
- Patients are expected to follow the treatment plan as prescribed by his/her provider.
- Patients must provide a responsible adult to transport him/her home from the facility and remain with him/her for 24 hours following the procedure if so required by his/her provider.
- Patients are to cooperate with facility personnel and ask questions if directions and/or procedures are not understood.
- Patients are expected to accept personal financial responsibility for any charges not covered by his/her insurance plans. Patients who receive direct payment from their insurances are expected to submit that payment to us within 10 days of receipt of such payment.
- Patients must be respectful of all health care providers and ancillary staff as well as other