Thank you for trusting Waterbury Surgery Center with your surgery needs. We look forward to caring for you.
To Our Valued Patients,
The health and safety of our patients is our utmost concern and this COVID-19 pandemic has made our quest that much stronger. We would like you to feel confident that we are doing all we can to ensure that our patients are not currently infected with this virus and are not being exposed to this virus at our surgery center.
Prior to your surgery, there will be a detailed conversation with a nurse to discuss your medical history and any COVID-19 symptoms you may have had or are having at this time (cough, body aches, fever, etc). The staff will also ask you about your contacts with others who may be infected with virus in the past 14 days. You may be asked to go to have a test to determine whether you have the virus currently. This test would need to be performed before your procedure.
In an effort to maintain your safety we have taken the following steps:
1. All patients, staff, physicians and anesthesia providers will have their temperature taken upon arrival to the center. Any person with a temperature of 100 degrees or higher will be immediately asked to leave.
2. All staff, physicians and anesthesia providers will wear masks while at the facility
3. All patients will be given a mask upon arrival to the center
4. No visitors will be allowed in the waiting room or any area of the surgery center. All patients will be dropped off and picked up at the designated location.
5. The facility undergoes a thorough cleaning in between each patient and at the end of each day. This cleaning is performed using approved cleaning product by specially trained cleaning personnel.
6. We are continually evaluating and implementing all recommendations that are coming from local and federal authorities.
Before your surgery, it is very important to review all of the information in this section. Our Preparing For & Recovering From Surgery page provides general guidelines to follow both before and after your operation, but you should discuss any additional care instructions with your doctor.
Note: The Healthcare Questionnaire should be completed before you arrive for your appointment at Waterbury Surgery Center. It will take 15 minutes or less to fill out.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.