Operating Room Nurse
Utilizes the nursing process to provide comprehensive nursing care during the peri-operative phase. Coordinates total patient care in coordination with other health team members particularly the Center’s team. Functions as a patient advocate utilizing the Patient’s Bill of Rights. Demonstrates professional growth and development by accepting responsibility and accountability for one’s nursing practice.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Current state nursing license with 3-5 years of operating room experience
- Current CPR licensure
- Required to successfully complete facility-wide competencies and medication administration exam provided
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills
- Prior knowledge of surgical instrumentation and peri-operative equipment or ability to learn same
- Requires prolonged periods of standing and walking
- Requires ability to perform lifting and transport of patients; and lifting of instrument trays and equipment weighing up to 40 pounds
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision and to organize work in order of importance
- Ability to work effectively in stressful situations and in a variety of peri-operative environments
- Requires manual dexterity to operate equipment and handle instrumentation, hearing to understand verbal instructions and near vision to distinguish supplies and instrumentation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.